Rampant Heathen

Fee, fi, fo, fum; I smell the blog of an Englishman.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Separation of Powers

As I sit in the university library, procrastinating well enough to represent my country, I console myself with the fact that, although I don't like writing essays or even reading about what I'm supposed to be writing an essay for (due in at 4pm today), I can apply the legal principles behind them. Take the separation of powers of the executive, judiciary and legislative for instance. It can be loosely defined as such:

a) members of branches of government will not occupy roles within the other branches of government,
b) a given branch of government will not control another branch,
c) a given branch will not perform the role of another branch.

Relating this to the UK Parliament (as my essay prescribes) is somewhat boring, so instead I'm going to relate it to Mugglenet Chat.

In Mugglenet, there is no deliberate attempt at a separation of power. There is also a distinct lack of democracy but that's a whole different issue and not one I care to address, since it is due to this fact that I thrive there. Your standard IRCop is a member of the judiciary - we read and interpret the rules, then kick people out for the hell of it. The admins occupy a role which I would say is the executive - they drive things forward, such as recruiting more IRCops and seeking out ways to fix problems and improve Mugglenet chat as a whole. The server owners are the legislature, as far as I can see. I add that qualification as no one is really sure quite what the server owners do anyway, but I'm sure they must get a fair bit of influence of what becomes new legislature (that's rules to you and me, http://www.mugglenet.com/chat/rules.html <-- I can type that at lightning speed now. Bow to my modliness.)

There is no separation of power in regard to the judiciary since IRCops, admins and server owners all get to come into main and boot people. The judiciary also can't deem a new piece of legislature as unconstitutional. The executive also put a lot of legislature forward, although they seem to need to be ratified by the legislative before they can be implemented. The legislature can do what the f*** they want. They pwn the whole system.

I should've just made that point before I bothered thinking about it at all. Problem solved. I wonder if my public law tutor will accept this in lieu of my actual essay? I'd say it's a lot more interesting, but it's not actually. The separation of powers is about the most boring thing you can write about. Luckily for me, it is 3/4 done and I have two hours in which to finish, so I'm going to steamroll through it, then make up some references and fancy quotes, then look forward to my geaming feedback in a week's time. Honestly, they'll frame it and lawyers for centuries will gather round to look at it, mouth's open in awe and tongues salivating in anticipation of its aromatic something or another.

Anyway, back to work.

1 Comments:

At Monday, January 21, 2013 8:04:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[img]http://clououtlet.com/img/clououtlet.com.jpg[/img]

[b]Christian Louboutin[/b] is a French footwear architect whose footwear has incorporated beaming, red-lacquered soles that receive become his signature.

Louboutin helped bring about stilettos back into look in the 1990s and 2000s, deceitful dozens of styles with heel heights of 120mm (4.72 inches) and higher. The creator's purported objective has been to "make a run for it a lady look vulgar, beautiful, to gross her legs look as long as [he] can." While he does offer some lower-heeled styles, Louboutin is generally associated with his dressier evening-wear designs incorporating jeweled straps, bows, feathers, patent leather, red soles and other similar decorative touches. He is most popularly known in favour of his red-bottom intoxicated take a run-out powder shoes, commonly referred to as "sammy red-bottoms." Christian Louboutin's red-bottom distort lex non scripta 'common law is registered as Pantone 18-663 TPX.

Consideration being known in place of his celebrity clients, he rarely gives shoes away – contribution discounts instead to his high-profile fans. This tactics also extends to his close family, because he feels that giving shoes away as gifts is unimaginative.

His single biggest customer is Danielle Steel, who is purported to own across 6,000 pairs and is known to make purchased up 80 pairs at a time when shopping at his stores.

(с) [url=http://clououtlet.com]Christian Louboutin[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home