Rampant Heathen

Fee, fi, fo, fum; I smell the blog of an Englishman.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sweet science

Today, my mother asked me to go to the corner shop and buy two four-pint bottles of milk. After throwing a complete strop and declaring loudly "I'M NOT YOUR SLAVE!" I took twenty pounds from her purse and trumped off to buy the offending liquid. While I was there, something caught my eye. Wiping a tear of pain away, I picked it up, wondering why someone had launched it at me so viciously. It was ... a pack of Skittles. I know you're as excited as I was. Anyway, as you do, I wanted to arrange them into rainbows, but what I realised when I got home is that, despite the "taste the rainbow" advertising campaign, Skittles DON'T COME IN BLUE. I was most upset. The only way to rectify this, of course, was to go buy similar sweets that come in blue, this left me with a choice of smarties and M&Ms. Being the glutton that I am, I bought both packs, thanking my superior genetics for my fast, chub-busting metabolism.

Anyway, first some pictures of my sweetie experiment, then some conclusions:






Conclusions:

  • You cannot 'taste the rainbow' with Skittles alone.
  • Skittles > M&Ms > Smarties
  • There are far too few orange skittles (compare three orange to 19 red)
  • Eating a pack of Skittles, M&Ms and Smarties in quick succession, WILL make you ill.

Anyway, since I was taking photos, I thought I'd take a pic of the beautiful and magnificent Lady-Dog who is known as THE PI. However, as per usual, she refuses to sit still and so her moving, combined with the 'soft' (i.e. shite) lighting in our living room, means that all you can see is a furry blob (which is actually quite a good description of The Pi, now I think about it).


The Pi.  I think.

And yes, I did completely forget to rotate that photo, but now you fat bastards (oh, hi Deea!) can engage in some gentle exercise by tilting your head gently to the right. Good good, now, deep breath and back to the centre. Well done! You just burnt 0.000054kcals. Award yourself with a stab in the face.

On the topic of dogs (or is it excercise? I forget.) Mili and I thought we'd throw in a pic of Pedro for you, so here is Pedro, looking suave:

Pedro, the sexy beast

The pair of us thought it would be cool if they had a little doggy marriage, but it transpired that neither dog liked other dogs at all (Pedro likes chasing small furry dogs and The Pi IS a small furry dog.) and therein lay an incompatibility. Tis a shame cos now I've bought that bridesmaid dress for nothing -sobs-.

As if I hadn't buggered up the layout of this entry enough, here's an old pic of the Pi (before her fluffiness developed properly):


Bah, you can barely see that one either. Ah well, she is going to have to remain elusive and mysterious and you can dream about her and write fanfics about her just like I do. Anyway, bleg ontry ends here.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:12:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..........you...........NUTTER.

 
At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 11:57:00 am, Blogger Severus Snape said...

OMFG!! XD Ethan, I thought you were just kidding about putting them all like that! *Dies laughing at the entire post*...you're a psycho, you're awesome! XD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home